Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Face Mapping

I had a woman ask me a few weeks back if I could tell her age by looking at her.  I informed her politely that the skin ages differently for different people due to many different reasons including genetics and lifestyle.  So, no, I cannot tell a person's age, but I can tell you what is going on with your stomach.

The Chinese came up with a technique called Face Mapping.  Basically, issues on the face coordinate to internal issues with the body.

I, for example, have hormonal imbalances that I deal with which are usually directly coordinated with the amount of photoestrogens (like soy) that I come in contact with.  This means that I suffer from pigmentation and breakouts on the chin.

A few weeks ago, while moving, I noticed small breakouts on my forhead, which is pretty uncommon for me.  During that time we were moving and I was drinking a ton of coffee and eating out.  I cut the coffee down, added Green Tea back into my diet, and started cooking more from home.  Guess what?  Those little guys cleared right up.

Though, as estheticians, we have lots of methods to help you with skin issues, the most POWERFUL tool is lifestyle changes to help target what is causing systemic issues at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment