Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gardening at Promise Of Peace

As planned Evie and I checked out the Promise Of Peace Gardens in Little Forest Hills today.  Not as planned, we took over a plot!  I really liked Elizabeth, who showed us the garden, and her son even took us to his plot so we could rip off a piece of kale to try.  Evie and I had never had greens that fresh!




 Our plot contained a nice healthy rosemary plant, several Swiss chard plants, a few carrots and strawberry plants.  Evie was very excited about the strawberries as you can imagine!  There were a few clover weeds and some random Bermuda grass that I worked on pulling out this evening.  Mitch and Evie enjoyed the playground near the compost while I got my hands dirty.






A nice man came by and gave us some sweet potatoes as well.  We took our Swiss Chard and sweet potatoes home and made a fabulous and simple dinner.







I did not take a photo of it, but those sweet potatoes were amazing with some grass fed butter and a little pumpkin pie spice left over from the holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment