Thursday, February 26, 2015

Product Spotlight: Intelligent Nutrients Renewal Complex

So I have hives on my face.  It is a bizarre thing for an esthetician to discuss, but it is the truth and I am looking at very gentle yet effective products to treat them.

How did I get hives on my face?  Well, I tried an eye oil serum and a scar brightening serum and my skin reacted after about two full weeks of use... then a whole ton of stress was dropped on my plate and the issue exacerbated and the hives spread.

It is really not that noticeable, but man, they itch.  I was recently tuned on to the lovely Renewal Complex by Intelligent Nutrients.  This very gentle serum really helps to repair the skin.  It uses edlweiss, coneflower and pennywort plant stem cells to deliver wonderful healing benefits to the skin.  Coneflower is also commonly referred to as Echinacea, and that is the type of coneflower Intelligent Nutrients is using in this complex.  Echinacea is used mostly as an internal immune booster, but is also fabulous for boosting the immune function of the skin.

I have been cleansing with gentle oil (mostly my own blend of Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba, Olive, Frankincense and Myrrh) followed by a hydrosol, the Renewal Complex, a Pycnogenol Serum and then a creme I made for my daughter's eczema.

The Renewal Complex is very easily absorbed and feels cool and calming, which is exactly what my skin needs right now... that and stress reduction (ex: yoga, adaptogens, Holy Basil, Kava Kava, meditation, not working 24/7).  Believe it or not, stress is one of the biggest problems for our bodies and our skin.  Stress reduction is such an important part of your skin care routine.  Every now and then, even a professional needs a reminder.  :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment